Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup
Savory Soup, Crème Fraiche, Toast Point, Fried Sage
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup onions, diced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
3 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1 lb roasted pumpkin, skinned and seeded
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon Crème Fraiche
Grilled bread, for garnish
Sage leaves, for garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the onions and garlic, sauté until fragrant.
- Add curry powder and coriander, sauté briefly.
- Add broth, stir, simmer. Cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in the pumpkin and coconut milk, and cook another 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender and puree. Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Garnish with Crème Fraiche, sage leaves that have been briefly fried in hot oil, and toast.