Rack of Lamb
Pumpkin Risotto, Haricot Verts, Fried Shallots
Ingredients for Lamb
2 lbs rack of lamb
1 tablespoon allspice
2 tablespoons Rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon thyme, chopped
- Prepare the rack by cleaning the bones (or ask your butcher to “French” them for you). Cover the bones in foil to prevent burning. Rub the meat with salt, pepper, allspice, chopped rosemary and thyme. Sear all sides in a hot pan with a drizzle of oil, then roast in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees F until the lamb reaches an internal temperature of 120 degrees F.
Ingredients for Risotto
2 cups Arborio rice
1 Medium pumpkin
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 Medium onion, chopped
4 tablespoons butter
¼ Cup HALL Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc
2 qt Chicken stock
½ Cup grated parmesan
2 tablespoons Sage, chiffonade
- Cut the pumpkin into medium dice cubes. Toss with olive oil, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Roast in an pre-heated oven at 375 degrees F until tender and slightly browned.
- Heat the stock in a small saucepot until warm.
- Meanwhile, sweat the onion in butter in a large sauté pan until soft and translucent.
- Add the Arborio rice to the pan and sauté for a minute until coated in oil.
- Add the HALL Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc into the pan and stir until mostly evaporated and almost dry.
- Slowly add the warm stock to the pan, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly. Continue to add ladles to the pan each time after the rice absorbs almost all of the liquid. The risotto is finished when tender, but al dente.
- Add the cheese and sage. Season to taste.
Ingredients for Haricot Verts
½ lb haricot verts
3 medium shallots
½ bunch parsley
3 sprigs tarragon
Canola oil, for frying
- Sweat one of the chopped shallots in a medium pan. Add beans and sauté until tender.
- Finish by adding freshly chopped herbs.
- With the remaining two shallots, cut in thin rings. Fry in canola oil at 275 degrees F for a few minutes until barely brown. Remove from oil and dry them on paper towels. Increase the heat of the oil to 350 degrees. Briefly fry the shallots again until crispy. Garnish the greens with the fried shallots.