Tips for wine tasting
- Taste your wine with a clear palate; Don't brush your teeth or drink coffee sooner than an hour before you wine taste.
- Start with lighter bodied wines and taste your way to the fuller bodied ones. It will be easier to pick up the wine's subtleties.
- Make sure you have water and bread or crackers available to cleanse your palate between wines.
- When tasting with friends, make notes and keep simple scores. Ranking wines and then comparing scores is a fun way to evaluate wines.
- Most importantly, relax and have fun! This is all about enjoyment!