Stuffed Kabocha Squash
with Pecans, Tomatoes, Raisins, and Rice
- 1 kabocha squash or acorn squash
- 1 cup long-grain rice (cooked)
- 1 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut the squash in half through the stem end and scrape out seeds and goop. Put cut-side down on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a sheet of waxed paper and microwave on high until the orange flesh is fork-tender, about 8 minutes.
- Roughly chop the pecans and mix remaining ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- When squash is done, take it out and cover it and the waxed paper with a clean towel to keep it warm. Microwave the filling on high until hot (about 4 minutes).
- Spoon filling into squash and top with a pecan half and serve hot.