A Taste of HALL | Grilled Endive Cup with Corn Salsa
5 white endive
5 red endive
4 corn cobs
1 red onion, medium
6 oz goat cheese
4 oz slivered almonds
1/2 bunch basil
3 T EVOO
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Cut the stem ends off of the endive. Peel the outer layers off and reserve as serving vessels. Lightly brush with EVOO and grill briefly. The smaller leaves may be chopped up finely to use in the salsa.
2. Soak the corn cobs in water, briefly, before placing them on a hot grill.
3. Cut the avocados in half, lengthwise, remove the pit, and place them face down on a hot grill.
4. Meanwhile, chop the red onion very finely. Break up the goat cheese into small crumbles. Chiffonade the basil leaves. Combine with the zest of the lemons and 2 Tablespoons of the juice.
5. When the corn is tender, remove from the grill and cut the kernels away from the cob when cool enough to touch. Remove the avocado from the grill, cut into cubes within the skin, then remove with a spoon.
6. Combine all ingredients, including almonds and a drizzle of olive oil, and season to taste.
7. Spoon salsa into "cups" of endive. Serve.