A Taste of HALL | Grilled Vegetable Stack with Blueberry Chutney
5 Japanese eggplants
16 portobello caps
3 fennel bulbs
3 zucchini, medium
3 squash, medium
4 orange bell pepper
3 rosemary sprigs
EVOO, to coat
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 cinnamon stick
a pinch each of ground allspice, clove, coriander
1 1/2 pints of bluberries
2 T sugar
2 T apple cider vinegar
2 1-inch peels of an orange
2 T parsley, minced
1. Combine all ingredients for the blueberry chutney and simmer on a warm spot of the grill until reduced and spreadable.
2. Add rosemary to a small pot of olive oil and infuse over light heat.
3. Meanwhile, slice all eggplant, zucchini, and squash in equal 3/4" slices.
4. Remove core and seeds from the bell pepper, and chop into sizes equal to other vegetables. Remove fennel fonds and reserve for garnish. Remove the core from the fennel bulb, then slice the bulb into equal pieces.
5. Brush all vegetables with rosemary-infused olive oil, then place on hot grill until slightly charred and tender.
6. When ready, plate the portobello cap first, layer with a spoonful of blueberry chutney, then stack all vegetables. Garnish with minced parsley and chopped fennel fonds. Serve.