Honey & Ruby Red Grapefruit Glazed Roasted Game Hen
Ingredients½ cup Honey
¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. Fresh Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
¼ cup Tamari
1 Ruby Red Grapefruit, thinly sliced
8 large sprigs Rosemary
8 cloves Garlic, crushed
2 Game Hens (about 1 ½ lbs. each)
Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a small mixing bowl, combine the honey, grapefruit juice and tamari, then set aside until ready to use.
- On a parchment lined sheet pan, arrange the grapefruit, rosemary and garlic into a bed and place the game hens, breast side up, on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the game hens in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush each hen with some glaze. Return to the oven, and continue roasting for 15 minutes, then glaze again. Finish roasting game hens for additional 15-20 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the thighs are pieced.
- While the hens finish roasting, in a small saucepan, reduce the remaining glaze until thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Season with salt as desired.
- Serve game hens whole or cut into piece with reduced glaze.