Chocolate Cream Filled Smoked Salt Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
Ingredients For the Cookies1 ½ cups Sugar
1 cup Butter, room temperature
½ tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 large Eggs
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 ½ tsp Smoked Salt
2 ¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
2 cups Chocolate Chips
to taste Smoked Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325º.
- In a stand mixer cream together the sugar and butter for a couple minutes. Whip in the vanilla, and then the eggs (one at a time) until fully incorporated.
- Shift together the baking soda, 1 ½ tsp smoked salt, and flour. Then add to the mixer and whip until just incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir until well incorporated.
- Spoon about 70-100 equal portions onto parchment lined sheet trays, and sprinkle with a little more smoked salt. Place into the oven for about 10-12 minutes, until just starting to brown. Remove to a cooling rack and let come down to room temperature before filling.
Ingredients For the Filling2/3 lb Butter, softened
3 cups Powdered Sugar
2 cups Cocoa Powder
- Place the butter into a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and cream for a couple minutes (scrapping the bowl down as necessary).
- Sift together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- In batches, add in some of the sugar/cocoa mixture and whip until smooth (scrapping the bowl down as necessary). Continue until all of the sugar/cocoa mixture is incorporated.
- Use the filling to create sandwiches with the cookies.