Deconstructed Caprese Salad
Ingredients For The Basil Oil
1 bunch Basil Leaves
3 cups Grapeseed or Vegetable Oil
- Place the basil and oil in a blender or food processor and puree.
- Place into a small saucepan over low heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Continue to cook until the basil is floating at the top and just starting to lightly brown.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
Ingredients For The Balsamic Reduction
1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup Sugar
- Place the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over med-high heat. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook, stirring often, until reduced by about a third.
Ingredients For The Mozzarella Foam
½ lb Fresh Mozzarella
¼ lb Sour Cream
1 ½ tbsp Olive Oil
½ cup Heavy Cream
- Place the mozzarella, sour cream, and olive oil, along with a little salt, into a blender or food processor; puree until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve and blend with the cream.
- Place the mixture into a whipping canister along and add one charger. Place into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Ingredients For The Tomato Caviar
1 cup Organic Tomato Juice
½ tsp Agar Powder
Smoked Sea Salt, to taste
2 cups Vegetable Oil, placed in the freezer for 1-2 hours
Lemon Sea Salt, to taste
- Heat the tomato juice along with the agar and smoked salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it gently simmers. Remove from the heat, let cool slightly, and transfer to a small squirt bottle.
- Place a fine strainer into the chilled oil. Once the mixture has cooled to around 120°F, place small drips of it into the oil and let set for about 10 seconds. Remove the “caviar” from the oil and repeat the process with the remaining juice.