Five Spice Rubbed Spare Ribs with nectarine and jalapeno jam, roasted corn on the cob
Serves 4 | Prep Time 30 min. | Cook Time 3 hr.
This dish goes perfectly with our "Darwin" Proprietary Red
2 ea. Pork baby back rib racks, trimmed of excess fat
2 T. Chinese five spice
2 T. brown sugar
1 t. dried mustard
½ t. Spanish paprika
2 T. salt
4 ea. Ears of corn, cleaned of silk, husks on
1 ½ lbs. Nectarines, peeled, seeded, and diced
3 ea. Jalapenos, minced
1 c. sugar
2 T. honey
1 T. white wine vinegar
1.5 oz. packet gelatin, powder
- Mix together dry spices and salt and set aside.
- To make jam, combine nectarines, jalapeno, sugar, honey and vinegar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and gently simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add gelatin, and combine. Transfer mixture to sterilized jars and cool.
- Massage dry spices onto pork and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Slowly roast pork in 300 ͦ oven for 2 hours. Transfer to a grill and continue to cook until tender. Meat should be tender but not falling off the bone.
- Soak corn in cold water for 15 minutes, drain.
- Slowly roast corn, in the husk, over coals for 10-15 minutes until evenly cooked. Serve alongside pork and jam.