Wine-Braised Beef Brisket with Jack's Masterpiece Spice Rub
- Jack's Masterpiece Spice Packet
- 1 (3 pound) beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup HALL Cabernet Sauvignon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rub the spice mix over both sides of brisket.
- Heat olive oil in a roasting pan over medium-high heat; place brisket in the hot oil and brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove brisket from pan and set aside.
- Place red onion slices into the hot roasting pan and cook and stir until onion is slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in beef broth, tomato sauce, and wine.
- Place the brisket back into the roasting pan and cover pan with foil.
- Roast the brisket in the preheated oven for 1 hour; remove foil and baste brisket with pan juices. Place foil back over roasting pan and roast brisket until very tender and pan sauce has thickened, 1 1/2 to 2 more hours.