Sausage Stuffing, Brussels Sprout and Kale Gratin, Cornbread
Ingredients for Turkey
1 cup salt
1 ½ cups brown sugar
2 large onions, peeled, quartered
10 sprigs thyme
5 sprigs rosemary
8 lemons, halved
3 stalks celery, rough chopped
3 carrots, peeled, rough chopped
- Mix all ingredients except for the polenta and bring to a simmer.
- Slowly add polenta and mix until the mixture starts to thicken (3-4 mins).
- Grease a baking sheet, pour on the polenta and let cool.
- Once cool, cut the desired shape for the cake and grill.
Ingredients for Calamari
1 Pound squid, cleaned, cut into 3/4-inch-thick rings, tentacles left whole
1 Tablespoon Canola oil
1ea Fennel bulb julienne
1 Tablespoon coarsely chopped Italian parsley leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat a pan to white hot and oil is smoking.
- Add a lemon wedge to hot oil and let burn on the pan.
- Add the calamari in small batches cooking for a short period of time.
- Add the fennel and let cook for 1 minute
Ingredients for Basil Vinaigrette
1 Cup fresh basil
1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ Teaspoon red onion
1 Tablespoon sugar
¼ Cup white wine vin
¾ Cup olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a food processor except for oil.
- Start the food processor and slowly drizzle in the oil.
- Season to taste.